About Us

My photo
When one partner suffers a stroke; life is turned upside down, but when you have both partners who have been struck with a serious illness; it can be a devastating blow I was the first one at 47 years of age to suffer with what doctors call a series of thunderclap migraines which resulted in a bleed on the right side of my brain a Cerebral Hemorrhage). After a long series of tests, MRI's, and CT scans, the doctors referred to my "stroke" as "Call Fleming Syndrome"; The date was November 19, 2011. I will never forget that day. Then on July 29, 2014 Phil at 53 was struck down with a massive stroke which resulted in a bleed in the (Basal Ganglia) this was a day that dampened what was the beginning of a joyous summer ;( we had two sons marry Nick in June and Cory in July) This blog voices Phil's experiences on learning to live and walk again. We hope to share our story , experiences, frustrations, and how we have had to struggle, but at the same time still find joy in being together and being alive will help others not only find hope but better understand what a stroke is and steps to take to help avoid one. Each day we find new reasons to get up and do it all again.

Saturday, 4 July 2015

MANHUNT

.............Where is Phil, I am desperately seeking him , he
 was approx 5ft 11 in.dark hair , moustache and goatee, several  tattoos, approx 265 lbs , facial expression (pissed off ) , walks everywhere , overloaded work bag hanging from left shoulder CAUTION do not approach , may be drunk , always wearing headphones , has been known to hurl objects at passing trucks , I've been looking everywhere , he's like a New York prison escapee , vanished , not a trace , noline up of angry truck drivers , no trail of beer cans , nothing he was last seen at the North Bay Regional Hospital. and when I awoke in Sudbury he was gone , replaced by a paralyzed guy in a wheelchair who is sober , not as pissed off looking , and at last weighing is over 100 pounds lighter , less decisive, now wearing an earring, I woke up feeling bad , thought it was some form of stroke and walked up stairs to get Darlene and head to the hospital , cabbed to the ER , registered and thats where it all gets fuzzy , I woke up in the Sudbury Hospital wired up like Steve Austin and a part of me , who I was , had left me there, I miss me so if you notice a big tattooed , pissed off looking guy walking around out there let me know, I doubt he's happy about the situation either and and I need his instincts

No comments:

Post a Comment