year ago and when I returned things felt wrong , felt off , like feeling some intruder has been in your home , has moved things ever so slightly , imperceptibly , you're not sure if anything is missing initially so you do an inventory "hey who moved all my stuff???" I know I stepped out for a bit , not sure how long . I know I took a journey to dark places, almost permanently. I woke up in Sudbury so draw your own conclusions as to which direction my ectoplasmic self went , and some ass broke in and messed with my shit. moving things back isn't enough , it feels messed with , the door to the room where the basic ingredients of me were kept was jimmied open and parts of me too imperceptible to be on the inventory were stolen. is there a grumpy old assh#$% black market out there? if so my stuff is probably in a discount bin with Atari games and Osmond brother 8 track tapes. I describe this feeling so often that it is becoming a broken record but I never finish with the feeling that I've nailed it down. I live with the knowledge that my pre-injury brain could have polished it up and sold it long ago , I am trying to describe the feeling of living with a damaged brain , using a damaged brain. I need to explain it you understand , not to garner sympathy but to tell the world why I am different . it is the single most maddening idea driving me , and it does , obviously (I hope ) and so you other wandering souls should our paths intersect you're welcome to tag along , I'm going to the market. I now pause so you young folks out there can google both records and 8 track tapes. hope there's a Timmy's nearby...Phil.
Welcome to STROKELAND. I'm Phil and I will be your guide across this blasted landscape . I first entered STROKELAND through the spouse entrance; when a brain bleed brought my beautiful wife here. Two years later I arrived through my own entrance by suffering a massive stroke on JUly 29, 2014. Please join me and my journey through this alien place. It will be interesting to see where we end up.
About Us
- phil
- When one partner suffers a stroke; life is turned upside down, but when you have both partners who have been struck with a serious illness; it can be a devastating blow I was the first one at 47 years of age to suffer with what doctors call a series of thunderclap migraines which resulted in a bleed on the right side of my brain a Cerebral Hemorrhage). After a long series of tests, MRI's, and CT scans, the doctors referred to my "stroke" as "Call Fleming Syndrome"; The date was November 19, 2011. I will never forget that day. Then on July 29, 2014 Phil at 53 was struck down with a massive stroke which resulted in a bleed in the (Basal Ganglia) this was a day that dampened what was the beginning of a joyous summer ;( we had two sons marry Nick in June and Cory in July) This blog voices Phil's experiences on learning to live and walk again. We hope to share our story , experiences, frustrations, and how we have had to struggle, but at the same time still find joy in being together and being alive will help others not only find hope but better understand what a stroke is and steps to take to help avoid one. Each day we find new reasons to get up and do it all again.
Monday, 27 July 2015
YOU CAN CHECK IN ANY TIME YOU LIKE.
........well here I am again , standing at the top of the stairs in a dark , long , dusty hallway lined with doors , the remnants of the hall of memories once housed in the brain I had and used occasionally for over 50 years. and I'm gonna open doors that I have opened alot recently. yup I'm going to rehash it again, this new brain , what I have left is not the one I had over that half century. I feel like I was called away in an emergency a
year ago and when I returned things felt wrong , felt off , like feeling some intruder has been in your home , has moved things ever so slightly , imperceptibly , you're not sure if anything is missing initially so you do an inventory "hey who moved all my stuff???" I know I stepped out for a bit , not sure how long . I know I took a journey to dark places, almost permanently. I woke up in Sudbury so draw your own conclusions as to which direction my ectoplasmic self went , and some ass broke in and messed with my shit. moving things back isn't enough , it feels messed with , the door to the room where the basic ingredients of me were kept was jimmied open and parts of me too imperceptible to be on the inventory were stolen. is there a grumpy old assh#$% black market out there? if so my stuff is probably in a discount bin with Atari games and Osmond brother 8 track tapes. I describe this feeling so often that it is becoming a broken record but I never finish with the feeling that I've nailed it down. I live with the knowledge that my pre-injury brain could have polished it up and sold it long ago , I am trying to describe the feeling of living with a damaged brain , using a damaged brain. I need to explain it you understand , not to garner sympathy but to tell the world why I am different . it is the single most maddening idea driving me , and it does , obviously (I hope ) and so you other wandering souls should our paths intersect you're welcome to tag along , I'm going to the market. I now pause so you young folks out there can google both records and 8 track tapes. hope there's a Timmy's nearby...Phil.
year ago and when I returned things felt wrong , felt off , like feeling some intruder has been in your home , has moved things ever so slightly , imperceptibly , you're not sure if anything is missing initially so you do an inventory "hey who moved all my stuff???" I know I stepped out for a bit , not sure how long . I know I took a journey to dark places, almost permanently. I woke up in Sudbury so draw your own conclusions as to which direction my ectoplasmic self went , and some ass broke in and messed with my shit. moving things back isn't enough , it feels messed with , the door to the room where the basic ingredients of me were kept was jimmied open and parts of me too imperceptible to be on the inventory were stolen. is there a grumpy old assh#$% black market out there? if so my stuff is probably in a discount bin with Atari games and Osmond brother 8 track tapes. I describe this feeling so often that it is becoming a broken record but I never finish with the feeling that I've nailed it down. I live with the knowledge that my pre-injury brain could have polished it up and sold it long ago , I am trying to describe the feeling of living with a damaged brain , using a damaged brain. I need to explain it you understand , not to garner sympathy but to tell the world why I am different . it is the single most maddening idea driving me , and it does , obviously (I hope ) and so you other wandering souls should our paths intersect you're welcome to tag along , I'm going to the market. I now pause so you young folks out there can google both records and 8 track tapes. hope there's a Timmy's nearby...Phil.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment