June 12/15
Well, here goes. this morning I am in a mood to re-visit some
past posts , as I have repeatedly stated , the formula of , know yourself and
know what works for you , become involved in your recovery , investigate ,
suggest , negotiate when it comes to getting the desired result , be strong ,
advocate for YOU.
I have , as mentioned before been dealing with recurring and
excruciating pain for a long time now , My doctor has been taking the path of
pills as a treatment , muscle relaxers and pain
killers , now although my teenage self cannot believe I am saying it I am not a
fan of the pill route . I worry about the damage being done to me internally
and with the fact that the pain killers do not do as advertised. they don't
work , so I will deal with the pain now and the problems with internal organs
later I guess , while I do get a small relief from the muscle relaxers to avoid
pain I would have to take them constantly and as I said I hate pills .
Recently
Dar and I watched a 60 minutes episode, detailing the fight of epilepsy
stricken children to obtain a seizure halting marijuana oil, and we, like
everyone out there are being bombarded by the national news concerning the laws
defining the forms of pot that may be ingested. It certainly forms a bunch of
interesting questions in the pain suffering mind, it led me to start
researching possibilities and it did so to my Dar as well. Now my wife to all
who haven't met her is a force of nature, she considers my pain, our pain and
when a problem is not being fixed Dar fixes it!
She called my attention to
articles and news expounding the benefits of marijuana as a treatment and she
motivated stubborn Phil , something only she can do so well, to do something .
A few calls and I was on a new path, getting involved in the recovery, looking
for what might work for me, outside getting myself ready to smoke my medicine.
This is not the place that, had I been asked a year ago I'd have pictured us. 2
adults , responsible (well she is )law abiding , parents but dear survivors
here I sit , PAIN FREE SINCE 6:30 last evening for 14 HOURS , I can’t recall any
time in recent history being so blissfully painless . How in god's name is this
not mandatory, Dave's not here man! Phil
No comments:
Post a Comment