June
15/15
I am not an old dog I guess, I can
be taught new tricks. while I acknowledge that the stroke I suffered was
brought on entirely by me , my bad habits , stress levels and bad decisions , I
did not enter Strokeland alone , since I woke her up saying I had a problem
and needed to go to hospital.
Dar has been with me every moment , and from the
time I awoke in another city , another hospital , she has been telling me that
I had to write , to share , to occupy the brain I had left and as usual she was
absolutely correct .
I have on a few of these morning outings , learned about
myself , found insights into my new world , experienced revelations in the way
one does trying to follow the stream of his consciousness on a keyboard with
one finger . Yes, I can not only learn but can admit it, am I still male.
While hunting and pecking through
yesterday's post I found the place on the path I now walk (roll) where I can stop,
turn around and decide to leave the Phil I was somewhat in the past and embrace
the new me. Who would refuse a chance to do it over? to re-make what they were
, for me it was usually a desire to finally buckle down and find a way to lose
a pile of weight , (found a way that worked , can’t recommend it !) and to live
healthier , to lose the bad habits , to be smarter about the way I was living
and appreciate what I have . Well here's my chance, I am presented with a
template and the kit to make it happen.
Hmmm the new model is much lighter,
eats better, habits no longer an issue, lots of pluses, still breathing for one,
good! , still has Dar, excellent! Great kids! damned handsome !(sorry , had to
) it took half a century to screw up the last one , seems to be happy ,
grateful and appreciative , loves her completely... sarcastic though , bit of
an ass , but he seems happiest about that ! And here we go, Project Phil 2.0 is
a go let's get this one right!
As I sit here preparing to get into this pile of
Lego blocks and attitude and start building a new Phil, I reflect a bit sadly
on the retirement of the last one, we weren't geniuses but we had some fun
together and I always could count on him for a wicked smile or a fellow conspirator.
Should you encounter the new me somewhere out there my dear fellow survivor here's
a helpful hint or 2. look directly at him when you speak to him , he hates when
people talk over his head , use a normal tone of voice , his ears and remaining
brain still function , you'll know it’s me , long messy hair , skulls on
everything , eye patch cocked at a very Deppish angle and by the beautiful Dar
holding his hand and with a tired look in her eyes , a look that says "I
just had to tell my husband of 30 years to be nice and remember you're a grown
up ( to his face , not over his head )I am hardly giving up on finding my old
self , I am willing to take on the job of building a new one , done it before
and while he wasn't perfect he did manage to get the most amazing woman he'd
ever met to marry him and give him some gorgeous children . So if you encounter
me, get me a coffee and let me know if I'm on the right track to Philness....
today I learned that I am way to long winded for a one fingered typist, Later
Phil
No comments:
Post a Comment